The point is that life is always going to be busy, and sacrifice is never going to be easy.
The truth is, there is never going to be a good or convenient time to do any length of juice fasting: every day and season presents its own challenges. Therefore, it stands to reason that it is always the best time to start! You can be confident that there will never be a more convenient time to start than today.
It probably sounds a bit bonkers that I planned to juice through the most food-obsessed time of year (Halloween to Christmas) but I did! And I survived…so I know it’s possible. As a matter of fact, let me tell you what all I juiced my way through:
1. a tailgate party with the most wonderful foods on Earth. A spinning hotdog machine was there!
2. A weekend camp in Ohio with the most wonderful looking comfort foods
3. Halloween and all its glorious goodies
4. Thanksgiving. No need to explain.
5. Small group Christmas party
6. Jewish holiday food party (in class Friday)
7. Holiday party with 9th grade (FRIED CHICKEN and pizza everywhere!) …and cupcakes…
8. A trip to my hometown where my favorite pizza and ice cream live
9. National soup day (I missed all the soup at work!)
10. Countless lunches at work as I watched people eat
11. Going to the movies twice with no popcorn (my favorite snack) or soft pretzels (my 2nd favorite).
I am sure I am missing some major events, but it doesn’t make a difference. The point is that life is always going to be busy, and sacrifice is never going to be easy. We are always required to make choices. Do you want to reach your goal by sacificing, or do you want to satisfy a temporary desire now?
There is ever going to be a convenient time to take care of yourself. Be it juicing or quiet time or cardio or a nap. It’s not going to come easily in any season. But in every season, it will be worth it.