As I enter into day 9, I felt lead to give an update. I have learned a Bachelor’s degree’s worth of knowledge in these last eight days when it comes to my body, eating, and moving forward post fast. I have also tried and failed on some juice recipes, and then tried and succeeded! I am going to share some highs and lows in the following list. I have been journaling every day in the hopes that what I discover will help others who want to take control of their health and their eating in the future.
1. I have lost 12.4 pounds
2. Most of that came off in the first 3-5 days (which is why I think everyone should consider a 3-5 day juice fast!)
3. Most of that is water and compacted fecal matter that lives in our intestines our whole lives. Seriously. When people say “you’re full of crap”, it’s true! 5-7 lbs of feces lives in your body, and if you’re not regularly cleansing, it’s just be reintroduced into your system! YIKES!
4. I have had extra energy and awareness this past week.
5. I feel great. I found some nights I went to bed without drinking dinner. I have to be careful to make sure I get at least 64 oz of juice each day for proper nutrients and to avoid my body going into starvation mode. This was unexpected: I thought I would be famished.
6. My biggest challenge was Saturday at a picnic/camping setting where I was surrounded by hot dogs, brownies, chips, and all the good tasting foods. I just had my green juice. I had to remember WHY I was doing this, and I made it through the event with more ease than expected.
7. People are so concerned with how I am getting protein. It’s funny: we have been convinced only meat products contain protein and that is not truth. I have started adding Pea Protein to my morning juices and that has proven satisfactory.
8. Checking the grocery store weekly ads is genius! I found out Kroger was having a huge sale on veggies and so I did all of my shopping there this past weekend. Previously, I was just blindly shopping and that broke my bank last week.
9. I have SAVED money while juicing. Honestly. The amount of food I used to eat out is embarrassing. Since I am not doing that while juicing, I am saving a lot of money! Also, grocery shopping was easier yesterday because I was in one central location the whole trip!
10. When this fast is over, I will be sticking to a mostly plant-based diet. Animal products hurt our bodies more than we understand, and though I love living in a world where burgers and steaks exist for my pleasure, I will be greatly limiting the intake of ALL animal products.
11. I have watched some great documentaries on Netflix that I recommend if you’re interesting in anything I am talking about: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, Forks over Knives, Hungry for Change, Food Matters, Vegucated.
12. You will note I am doing all of this with a tiny fridge (see image above).
That’s all I have for right now!This week I am adding heavy cardio back into my routine. The plan is 4-5 hours of cardio a week. Can you hold me accountable? Ask me how it’s going if you see me in public!
I would love for you to send questions my way at DanniTabor@outlook.com. I feel a strong desire to help people who want to get started, or who have questions. I am doing a large amount of research on this to take back my life and ensure my children don’t have to experience the same unhealthy eating habits that I have wrestled with my whole life.